Proper WLAN functionality

Jeronimo

I bought a WLAN PCI card 2 days ago and been trying to create a new vLite'd Windows x64 SP1 version to get it to work properly. Either it was too late yesterday or too early today, because I can not seem to find the proper components to keep.

I already unchecked WLAN support in vLite, but this does not allow me to properly manually configure it for my Router: I can make the appropriate set-up (manual set-up, enter SID and encryption type, etc.), however I can not find this set-up afterwards and it appears as not connected under my Network Connections. I do not actually need the screen where I can see which Wireless networks are available and from which I can check my manually entered preferred Wireless networks, but it would be helpful and maybe even necessary?

Do I need the "Network Center" or "WLAN Zero Configuration" or "Network Location Awareness" any other component additionally kept?

Edited by Jeronimo

Well from the manufacturer I have not such tool (TP-Link) and the WLAN configuration service is what I could be missing, but by which component is it removed. I can right click on the Wireless card in Network configuration and select a set-up and then do the set-up as explained in my 1st post, but this does not seem like the WLAN configuration service to me.

While I was making an export of my preset, I again noticed the wrong bloody compatibility option was selected (I selected Aero Glass it changed to File and printer sharing (server)). I already reported this to nuhi, but now some additional stuff comes to mind:

The compatibility option was changed and the options did not appear, however the components that were "protected"/not shown were in fact removed.

I kept overlooking settings, that were not shown that I did select for removal in the past:

TCP/IP NetBios Helper

Network and Sharing Center

Network List Service

Network Location Awareness

I am going to try with the Network and Sharing center kept, most likely that it work then.

It works properly with all those kept: I tested with Network and Sharing Center kept and that worked for my WLAN and just now with it even removed it still works. I am going to disable the compatibility option and will not use it anymore, something is really skrewed with it.