D865PERL RAID0

I have an ancient D865PERL board that I want to do RAID0 on until I get a new build. But when I download the "IATA_CD.EXE" file for "SATA RAID: Intel Application Accelerator", it says "Incompatible hardware. This software is not supported on this chipest. Please select 'Yes' to view the readme file for a list of selected products. Refer to section 2 titled 'System Requirements'."

How can it be unsupported when this is clearly listed under the D865PERL motherboard? if I have incompatible hardware, why would they list it there anyway? Any other alternatives for RAID0?

I can't do RAID0 from BIOS - there's simply no such option.

Thanks in advance

Do you have the latest bios?

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...x?ProductID=949

Also, the D865 line isn't that bad or ancient - I have a D865GLC and aside from the crappy Nichicon HN(M) capacitors which failed on mine, which I replaced myself, it still works great. When the CPU is idle the heatsink doesn't get hot at all, and it's very stable.

Edited by SmaugyGrrr

@SmaugyGrrr Good Tip about the BIOS

@extremepilot Take SmaugyGrrr's suggestion.

I've seen older 865 chipset Intel mobos suddenly have RAID support after a BIOS update. Note some will never have RAID like D865GLC.

I think the PERL will do it though.

Also you might have to have 2 SATA HDs connected before you can try. (I understand "what's the point of a 1 drive RAID", but you might not have the money for 2 drives and want to start it with only 1 ... etc.)

I remember the process was kinda convoluted (compared to newer Intel chipsets/motherboards)

Steps: (not necessarily in this order).

2 drives plugged in

Edit BIOS (somewhere) to tell it to use RAID

Run the RAID setup (after BIOS does it's ram countdown and other goodness). Via <ALT><I> or <ALT><S> or some other key combo indicated on the screen (hopefully, but it will be really fast)

Fortunately newer Intel mobos like the 9xx series are bit more friendly and more obvious in this matter.

I hope yours supports the RAID that your looking for.

My BIOS is updated to the latest version (P21) and I've done it now just in case - it told me it was already at the latest version but I told it to go ahead and update anyway.

I have 2 SATA hard drives connected along with a PATA optical drive. There is still no option to allow RAID in BIOS at all... This is all very sad... Intel Application Accelerator still thinks I have incompatible hardware...

please help