Got my rig up and running :)

suryad

And boy its fast. I just ran a prelim couple of benchmarks no oclock just latest drivers. Scored over 17k in 3dmark I dont know if that is about the average or not have to dig around for some more info. And then ran Cinebench 10 and got some decent numbers there too. What other benchmark tools/softwares do yall use?

Agreed ripken! I have run one game so far and thats GRAW...and I have it maxed out at 2560 x 1600 and it runs without a stutter. It is pretty stunning! I was having lots of tearing issues which I cured by turning on vsync and that took care of that. I guess that just proves the rig has more than enough juice to max that game out. I gotta beat that game, then move on to GRAW 2 then R6 : Vegas...I will be busy for a while :P

I guess it is a morbid fascination I have with weapons...its just cool and I do like the tactical map view and using drones to sniff out the enemy and all that. And the explosions are fantastic! They have this whole explosion warp thing that you would see in the matrix movies and i love it :) I guess I am just a explosion/gun kinda video game person.

And I ran 3dmark again with some oclocking attempt. My memory is at 4-4-4-12 timings @ 800 mhz and I bumped my FSB from 1333 to 1600 and dropped the multiplier to 8. For some reason the mobo keeps it at 8.5 which is fine by me so I have a 3.4 ghz processor clock speed. Got an 18.2k in 3dmark! Quite cool. Not that I can notice the difference any but I just wanted my memory and cpu to be 1:1. Neat stuff!

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultan...mp;UID=12968965

Thats my score. I think I have at least another 2 thousand points I can easily extract from system from some oclocking so I can crack the 20k barrier but I dunno if I will attempt it unless....ripen you beat my score :P maybe...just maybe I will actually look into installing atitool and oclocking :P

I am running that very heatsink actually. I dont know what my temps are. What utility would be recommended to check that? I am not into oclocking that much so I kept things reasonable. I think 4.2 ghz on air is achieveable with an FSB of 1700 thats what anandtech reported I believe but after that even on liquid cooling it wont go up. A quirk of the 45 nm technology apparently.

CoreTemp is the only program that I've found will give the proper CPU temperatures "out-of-the-box". Make sure you get the latest beta version (0.95.4 I believe).

If you check out what oscar3d has done over at SPCR, he's managed to get his temperatures down to rediculous levels by undervolting the CPU.