Personalization in Vista.

Kampfzentrum

OK, I recently got Vista. Love the aesthetics of it, but disliking how it is forcing me to organize.

1) First, I like to use Windows Explorer as my computer browser. I hate how it is making me use this clutter of folders (Pictures, Videos, Desktop, etc.) when I have my own system of organizing. When I delete these folders, all they do is reappear. How can I get rid of these folders for good?

2) The Start Menu is horribly organized. When I install programs it puts a folder on the Start Menu (some programs let me opt out of it), however, if I want to consolidate all of the games into a "Games" folder, it says I do not have permission to perform that act - what do they mean? I AM THE ADMIN! If I want to delete a folder, why can't I?

If someone can give me this much help, I have more...

Hi There

Welcome to Vista lol

Well i have had Vista Biz ed now since it was released i like the look and feel of the system but i did some tweaking to get everything working. It was part of a news story here on MSFN Top ten hacks

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9015738

this will more than likly help you out on the second part of your problem as for your first i say get use to it being well organized is half the battle in the IT realm of things. You can switch windows classic to for the second problem as well.

Be ready for problems though not because of hacks but of holes that MS is not reviewing as part of the security of the systems I would wait til SP1 see if it fixes things but it won't be out til jan or feb.

Hmmm... The super admin thingy would've sounded like it would've worked, but once I switched it on the computer locked up. I Ctrl+Alt+Del and it came to, so I tried to delete those **** files on the Start Menu - lock-up number 2. Man, I am beginning to think this was an error getting Vista Ultimate. That SP better come quick, cause they are going to loose my business quick.

So there is no way to get rid of these folders? Whether in Explorer or the Start Menu? Geez, what were these people thinking?! Microsoft is getting a bit e-Fascist I think. I think they are underestimating the ability of most users and forcing us to do as they want, don't like it. Time to get a Mac.

Edited by Kampfzentrum