Vista size?

ingeborgdot

I just want a concensus to the size of everyones partition for vista. I am going to dual boot xp pro and vista 64. I made xp 45gb because I will not be putting a lot of info on that partition. I was wondering what you thought a good size for vista will be? I was thinking around 100-120gb. I have many large programs to install like adobe CS3, office 07, etc that take up a lot of space. I want to future proof it for size. What is your take on this?

I have seen some people say 20gb. Do you not put anything on this partition? That seems so small.

vista supports resizing partitions natively so 45Gb should be adequate and if its not, just resize it. but to answer you question, this is my work machine and I'm using 52Gb of a 232Gb partition on my C: but thats just because of the other 3 drives in there i store all my files on. only the OS and apps and their files go on C:

I have 3 partitions on my main drive and only one on the other. My vista is at 50gb as I am only putting the os and several small apps on this drive. All the other apps are on my other separate drive. My problem is that somehow the vista drive keeps filling up and I don't know why. I can't find anything that is adding up to 41gb that it says it is full of. Where could it be?

I believe that your disc is filling up because you either using hibernate mode or you are allowing for large page file a problem i read about try to google those issues.

I am searching for a way to reduce my vista size get rid of what not need off the drive i read about it awhile ago but don't remember where it was

I got rid of the hibernate file which was over 4gb. I went into the performance section and change the location of the page file to my other hard drive which they say will give you better performance anyway but there is a page file file still in my c drive with about 4.5 gb of space used. I also now have one on my F drive. I have the c drive page file shut off so there should not be one still there. Can I delete it?