nlite 1.4 and usb issues

yinkoh

hello

i've been using nlite for a while now and my latest iso have some weird bug (actually it already happens before).

nlite process everything ok (xp+sp2+hotfixes+tweaks) and burn + install of xp goes without any problem aswell.

the glitch comes when windows is up and running.

as soon as i plug an usb device (key, hard drive) the device install window pops up.

when clicking 'next' it finds out quickly the good drivers in c:/windows/inf and then install it, still i wonder why it have to asks for it.

there may be something wrong in registry somewhere i guess, but i didnt found the exact key to fix.

does anyone already experience something like that ?

tia

here's the file

please note that i'm french some many options are in french but looks like the essential remains in english :)

I've red it and it's almost French (don't matter). Most things I recognize but my main question is:

"do you have disabled SFC in Nlite?"

Deleting and ignoring the CAT files during install my result in several strange behaviours like the one you face with.

PS: I've a dualboot with X64 and Vista and both where rebuilded versions. XP by Nlite and this is a succes and Vista via Vlite and the result is that I can't use admin privileges on program's in menu start. Should I start a program under that circumstance I must open it within the menu start and not by most opened. I don't know why, but I left SFC alone.

Does anybody know here if it is correct to undertstand that Nlite as Vlite as wel have some bugs in their work? They are not all SFC related I discovered?

Edited by Extravert

ok i'll try it tonigh.

thx.

@Extravert:

i tried vista ... one hour, just enough to get p***ed of it. so i cant really help sorry.

Best Friend, I can nothing do against this kind of reaction.

You say p*ssed off and I can understand it completely, but what whas your reason to be so negative about Vista?

What happend?

Though it's personal. I don't have much problems with my Vista partition.

The little problem in Vista I descripe is somethings what depends on Vlite and not Vista. That's the clue.

You make me curious ;)

well, it took quite too long to install vista.

the computer on which i installed it: P4 2.8, 2 Go DDR, SATA HD and a small radeon

after the long setup i finally played with the "revolution" claimed by ms.

to me it's just another improvment of xp which was an improvment of 2k.

i didnt find anything so good that would explain the need to buy a new os.

plus at that time, the very next days after the commercial release there was no "light" version.

finally the hard drives 100% compatible (flash drive+standard hard drive) are just about to be commercialized.

so it took just about a year (or more i dont remember the exact date) to be able to use vista in a decent way.

ps: i usually dont like ms products like windows, but xp is a good os and is still running ok. that's why i'm still using it.

ps2: i played a little bit more with vista when i was @ a friend's home. there's too much restrictions or too much dialog boxes on each action.

@Yimkoh

That's clear. You won't have to use Vista and XP suits enough for most people.

Vista knows some bugs as XP does in his early days and I can really remember a discussion between me and my collegue. What should be fine 2000 or XP and my choice was clearly Windows 2000 at that very day. Windows XP whas new on the markt and also with XP there where some serious problems.

Though, Vista is better than XP in his early days. (I do not talk about Beta versions).

I've a plan for you and maybe it is a good one I hope.

Create a dualboot with both Windows versions and take your time to explore Vista.

Vista differs really from XP under the hood.

Your system is strong enough to run Vista with no doubt, but you can't play huge 3D games, no.

Edited by Extravert