force a display to run @ 50hz?

eyeball

Hi all,

i have 2 monitors that both run at 60hz natively, and i want to connect an N64 to one of them, however N64s in my country run at 50hz. So does anyone know if i can make a display use 50hz with a cable or something? or would i just have to buy a 50hz monitor?

thanks for any help

thanks PuntoMX, i have at the moment an N64 to RGB cable and then i have an RGB to VGA cable.

i have connected the 2 together with no output, so i assume its a problem with the 50hz n64 not showing on the 60hz monitor.

If i could mod the N64 to output @ 60HZ that would work also... i cant seem to find much on it at all though

That Kworld tuner would be one of the best solutions; you can hook up everything and use a simple screen as a TV.

I don’t know the cables you talk about, but the 60Hz isn’t the problem directly, you are just missing a module that can convert the synchronization between the 2 video standards. e.g. combining the HSYNC and VSYNC you will get a CSYNC, but you need the other way around so a CSYNC signal converted in HSYNC and VSYNC… You already get it; it’s not that easy ;).

thanks again, i think il just scrap the idea, i tried to do it on the cheap by getting the cables from ebay but obviously came across this problem, i dont really wanna spend anymore £ on this, if i ever want to play it, my trusty old portable TV will do.

it would have been nice to see it on shiny LCD though :) lol

cheers