Windows File Protection popups...

maveric73ph

:blushing:

I don't know if I am posting this on the right place. But I am recently having trouble with my new Windows 2003 STD UACD. It keeps on popping out that Windows File Protection box whenever I install or attach new drivers for sound, video card, printers and USB drives.

I don't integrate drivers and I am using nilte 1.4 final.

Also I can see on the setuperr.log about SFCFILES.DLL "Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\sfcfiles.dll] is not signed properly

by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.

Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file."

--- though IMO this is normal for nlite.

I am attaching a copy of nlite's ini preset:

Win2K3_SP2.ini

I don't use nLite myself, but I believe you can choose to disable the system file protection, which should solve your problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. But may I know how you do your UACD? what integration tool do you use (or do you use one)? I assume that you do not experience the same WFP problem I have.

Thanks for the suggestion. But may I know how you do your UACD? what integration tool do you use (or do you use one)? I assume that you do not experience the same WFP problem I have.

I used to integrate hotfixes manually, but recently switched to HFSLIP for integrating hotfixes as it does what I would normally do myself, so I don't lose much control over my project. I apply tweaks via registry scripts, I create my own switchless silent installers, et cetera. I like to be in control ;)