Vista Problem

jeinnor

I am wondering if anyone could help me, I have a client who purchased a laptop with vista home :-( She asked me to t/fer data from her old laptop to her new laptop. Her pc also had keyboard setup for UK and she needed it to be setup for US. I changed it to US and after a few mins, the pc wanted to reboot to install updates. It installed 32 updates, rebooted and came back to the login screen, after logging in, it told me that it was doing more updates, but did not say how many.

After about 5 mins, it rebooted again and I was able to log in. I started to t/fer her word docs etc to her new laptop. In the middle of copying, the pc went to screensaver mode, I moved the mouse and it wanted to me to type username and password to log back in. However it refused to accept the password she had created and I sit with the problem that nobody activated the adminstrator account, which now is disabled by default ( I find this absolutely stupid because not everyone knows that you need to enable it, and when you do, it is probably too late).

Is there a way to activate the admin account now, my suspician is that the username or password for the users details has become corrupt?

Thanks

Ron

hey in vista the administrator account isn't disable as part of the vista software the what ever account you setup is the main admin account which I think is silly cause it doesn't allow you to have a back door.

Lucky I have found that erd made by winterinals works great there is a feature in the called lock smith that allows you to reset any passwords on any acocunt that it sees.

I hope this answers your question and solves your problem

• 2 weeks later...