Win 98se reinstal problems

Evanhoe

hey, all :hello: :

Interesting reading...

Has anyone gone to the UBCD for Win98SE thread?

http://www.msfn.org/board/Unattended-Boot-...-46-t88008.html

There is a wealth of information on booting/installing/reinstalling, including using multiple CD-Roms/CD-RW-s/DVD-Roms/DVD-RW-s. Multiple CD/DVD's and Booting (floppy or CD, including SCSI) should not be a problem. Soporific (and myself/others as a tester/analyst/solution-finder) have already been through this madness...

Go look around and give some credit to Soporific if you find anything useful (MDGx also provided a wealth of info directly to soporific).

Cheers!

Hi Submix9c,

I for one did go there (Back in May) to try Win 98 UBCD,because I was reinstalling Win 98 OS.It did'nt take long that I hit a wall,where I was'nt able to make a Batch File !I did a ton of reading on the subject,but it got too complicated for an old geezer like me,so I gave up,and went the normal fastidious way of reinstalling Win 98 OS,as evidenced by the 55 Postings of this Thread.

I did however benefit greatly by Downloading AutoPatcher v 1.95,9(171 mb and 20 hrs to download)plus the June update,which I used in this present Reinstall.I wish the heck Win 98 UBCD had been that simple! I'm always eager to learn all I can about the Computer, and I'll keep doing so.Thanks all again.

VAN

• 2 weeks later...

Evanhoe (better late than never...) -

UBCD has already been simplified. Just copy Win98 Install folder to the UBCD folder and burn per instructions. Boot to the CD and install (have your key ready); select "Customize MSBATCH" first. After first install (a "test install", if you will), just copy the generated MSBATCH.INF back to the UBCD folder containing the copied Win98 Install folder and re-burn. Done! (simplified instructions; read docs first for details)

Cheers, and glad u got it sorted, at least!