Network share problem

todarsey

I have a Windows XP Pro computer with Simple file sharing enabled on a network. Up until about a month ago I could access the files on the shared drive on that computer. I have double checked on that computer and file sharing is enabled but when I try to access that (and all other) drives on that computer I get this

"\\buggs\F is not accessable. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions"

"Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

There is over 100 GB still available on the drive.

Does anyony have any idea what the problem might be?

Does the problem / error message only occur on one client accessing the file server, or does it affect all clients hitting the file server?

Also, if you look in the system event log on the client or the file server, do you see any 2011, 2012, 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022 events?

If you are using simple file sharing, make sure the "Guest" account is not disabled. (Although I've never seen that exact error message before).

Frankly, I recommend not using simple file sharing, but rather the tradtional kind where users that connect to the share have to authenticate.