My $1\My Downloads Folder didn't make it?

eddie11013

Don't understand what might have gone wrong. I had recently read a post on how to create a $1 folder, so I did that, and put "My Downloads" folder and My Documents folder inside "My Downloads" folder and made a new CD, using nlite 1.4 and it worked great, no problems. Than I read another post about the fact that we're 'now' using DVDs, so space is really no longer an issue. So I said, well, why not transfer the "My Music" folder as well. So again, I created my folders: $OEM$\$\My Downloads and inside the My Downloads folder again I included the My Documents folder and this time added the "My Music" folder. Didn't work. While it shows up on my finished ISO and the CD that I burned with IMGburn, it didn't show up on my computer. The only thing that I did change, overall that is, is I added the new nlite 1.4+runtimes from one of rado354's addon's. Which, by the way, installed without any problems. Outside of this issue, the install worked without a hitch.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Eddie

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by eddie11013

Firstly was

$OEM$\$\My Downloads
a typo, it should be
$OEM$\$1\My Downloads

lokk here

Also when looking to fix a fault like this, graphics can help. Open the cd in Explorer and create a screenshot of the left pane with all the $OEM$ folder expanded (like in the unattended guide above). This will help us see if the folders are named correctly etc

You've made a small mistake. Where do you want these new folders to be created? $OEM$\$\My Downloads won't do anything I'm afraid. $OEM$\$1\My Downloads would create a folder My Downloads in the root of your system drive, so for example C:\My Downloads. Also, make sure that your $OEM$ folder is on the same level as your I386 folder. See here as well.

Thanks guys, problem resolved. Yes, I forgot the "1" in $1. And yes the $OEM$ folder is the correct place to place the "My Downloads" folder. And I learned that I really didn't want to slipstream my 1Gig of music. Even though it worked, it added 10 minutes to the process. But the installation completed fine this morning. Everything works. Used the new nlite 1.4 final and their were no problems. I'll remember that part about 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

Great program.

Thanks again,

Eddie