Cleaning/removing Addon traces from nlite files **Beginners**

maly1

Ive been using nlite for a while now and still i couldnt find the traces of the addons from when i integrated them with nlite :wacko: so for the people that start integrating addons and decide they dont actually like the addon/s.

READ THIS ITS EASY *ISH AND SIMPLE

When you download already made addons from websites such as www.winaddons.com or www.ryanvm.net/msfn/ sometimes the file format can be .rar or .cab extension all you have to do is go inside the archive of your addon and open the file called ENTRIES_theaddonname.ini then where it shows:

[sysoc] this line means it comes from a text file called sysoc.inf

addontrace=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,Inspirat.inf,HIDE,7

[dosnet_files] this line means it comes from a text file called DOSNET.INF

d1,addontrace.cab

d1,addontrace.inf

[txtsetup_files] this line means it comes from a text file called TXTSETUP.SIF

addontrace.cab = 100,,,,,,_x,,3,3

addontrace.inf = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

ALL THESE FILES ARE LOCATED IN YOUR WINDOWS I386 SOURCE DIRECTORY

Once you find sysoc.in_ you need to move/copy it into your system drive usually drive C:\ then goto run and type "cmd" a black screen will show, now type "cd \" this will bring you to your system drive whatever the letter is C: D:\ etc

Now type "expand sysoc.in_ sysoc.inf" this will now let you view the file so goto your system drive again and open sysoc.inf, now search for the addon traces once youve found and deleted them, save it! now we need to put it back to its original system only reading, so if you still have the cmd open type "makecab sysoc.inf sysoc.in_" and move/copy sysoc.in_ back into your I386 source directory.

for the other files ITS SIMPLE they are viewable

Find TXTSETUP.SIF, DOSNET.INF and search for traces... SAVE THEM now re-run your vitual windows or CD :thumbup

note: when using notepads search dont type abit of the trace type the full name eg addontrace.inf

Edited by maly1