bartpe plugins

cb3dsl

I am using bartpe on a sandisk cruzer flash drive and I have just used the base pe build until now. I have added alot of apps for recovery, most of which are standalone and dont require registry entries just dlls, but now I am experimenting with some basic system setup applications and alot of the programs im looking at are alot more complex. The main issue I am having is I dont want to rebuild bartpe on my UFD everytime I add a new app but I cant figure out how to get some of the apps working. I am trying to add acronis disk director and I have all the files in place but it still will not run. (Comes up with an error about cant locate acronis modules) I have done some research and it seems to be missing quite a few registry entries. Also I have copied winrar from my main pc and I can run it but when I set the associations in winrar to make extracting easier it doesnt save the registry settings so once i reboot i have to either just open winrar and work from inside it or reassociate it every reboot. I have tried using rundll to manually install the bartpe plugins as they look similar to normal driver installation inf files but its either not the proper formating or its not saving the changes. So I guess what im looking for is information on how to either push winpe's registry changes to the UFD before reboot or a way to convert bartpe plugins to a format that I can install/merge from within winpe. It seems most program installers work fine within winpe and the program works great until I reboot and the registry settings are lost. I have gotten vlc player to work by just running the installer from within winpe but after the first reboot I lost the file associations. The program works fine though although i still have no sound but thats another subject. The installer technique would be great if I could get winpe to push the registry changes to the disk.

Can anyone elaborate on a way to merge changes into the registry from within winpe and have it stick?

Thanks in advance

you cannot modify the registry on an online winpe.

it will just wipe out any settings that you have added to it as you may have gathered. the only way to do it is to export the entries and add them to the hives on another machine by loading the relevant hive.

OK I got the hive load working now. Thanks man. Got winrar associated with rar and zip files at least. The loading and unloading is getting tedious though. Anyone know of a hive direct editor that is similar to the regedit structure?

Edited by cb3dsl