Registry Tweaks with Setupcomplete and FirstLogonCommands

im using this two methods to install programs to see how they suit my needs.

overall, i think setupcomplete is fine because the use doesnt need to logon previously.

at the beginning of my setupcomplete.cmd file i will try to apply registry tweaks but im wondering if they will work as no user is yet logged on.

has anyone tried this already? and i have another question. i want to disable UAC but as a reboot is required when doing it manually, i dont know if it will be already disabled when the user logs on for the first time.

and another one ;) ...

using setupcomplete can i copy/move files on the start menu so i can rearrange it. i think i wont be able to do it for Currentuser start menu but i will still try it later. if it does not work, i will do the cleaning in the firstlogoncommands.

thanks for any feedback you may have on this questions.

Disable UAC in specialize and turn around and do it again in setupcomplete.cmd if you want to make sure

cmd /c reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

specialize is where you want to do the HKLM(Machine not User) reg tweaks but be warned that it don't always stick there and may need to do a repeat in cleanup.cmd to make sure

Id say use setupcomplete only for installing those Hotfixes that won't integrate, still needs a reboot with cleanup.cmd but oh well, no need to complicate stuff cause thats real easy. Reg at setupcomplete is iffy in my trials so better yet do it at logoncommands or cleanup while you have your user loaded.

thanks fr the reply. disabling UAC in setupcomplete need a further reboot, so few programs didnt installed properly.

i will install programs on firstlogon and disable UAC in specialize.

is there a way i can have the programs displayed in the window that says "customizing X component" that appears if you use firstlogoncommands?