SATA driver

RJARRRPCGP

I assume you are looking for a "TXTSETUP" or "F6" driver for XP setup because your windows XP setup is not detecting any drives.

dell doesn't list a SATA controller driver for a 4600 or 4600C on the site. is the SATA port on a card that may have not been included with the system? If it is, are their an model/part #s on it that might let us know what manufacturer/driver we need

dell doesn't list a SATA controller driver for a 4600 or 4600C on the site.

It has two SATA headers on board. They don't list a driver because you probably don't need it. With the early Intel SATA chipsets you didn't need the extra driver unless you were running in RAID mode.

I recommend grabbing the latest INF Update Utility (aka Chipset Software Installation Utility). If you have onboard video you can grab the latest video driver from that same link.

Yeah, but you'll need them on a CD/flash drive (or secondary hard drive) BEFORE you reinstall. Without the INF Update Utility none of your PCI/AGP devices will work to their fullest potential (sometimes the NIC won't work at all). You also won't get full USB 2.0 support without it.

If you're doing an unattended disk you can have the drivers installed during setup.

Yeah, but you'll need them on a CD/flash drive (or secondary hard drive) BEFORE you reinstall. Without the INF Update Utility none of your PCI/AGP devices will work to their fullest potential (sometimes the NIC won't work at all). You also won't get full USB 2.0 support without it.

If you're doing an unattended disk you can have the drivers installed during setup.

I know that already, but I'm afraid that because the HDD is SATA, Windows XP Setup will say that it failed to detect any HDD on the PC, thus it acts as if the BIOS ignored the HDDs!

well I assume you have windows install at the moment so if you can locate the type of SATA controller in device manager, we might be able to help but since dell doesnt tell us who manufactured the sata chipset on that board (I assume intel) but if you could provide us with the full name od the SATA controller then we could attempt to locate the TXTSETUP drivers

Anyone know if I just could reformat and reinstall Windows XP without it acting like the BIOS reported none?

Why don't you just try running the install and see what happens, if it doesn't find the hdd then thats when you need to start looking for drivers. If it does find the hdd then thats a bonus :-)