Integrating Hotfixes In ALL Versions On Ultimate DVD

LeveL

When you use vLite, lets say just to integrate hotfixes... it only gives the choice of adding them to one version of Vista (on the Ultimate DVD) so do you have to go through every single choice to add the hotfixes to all the choices?

unfortanetly yes, it would be great if they was added to them all in one go :D

OK thanks for the quick reply.

Well, I integrated 92 hotfixes into the "Ultimate" version and the source folder went from 2.52GB to 2.84GB.

So it added 320Mb. So if I add these to the "Enterprise" and "Home" etc it adds 320Mb each time, holy schmidt!!!

Think I better just make a disc thats just the Ultimate version on its own... I guess if you have that version it kinda negates all the other versions since it does absolutely everything all the other versions do (and more).

Edited by LeveL

Yeah it would be great but it's not up to me, that's how this WIM imaging works. I could rebuild and recombine but it would take too much time and too many steps, it could fail at some.

Anyway we usually use/buy just one version anyway so Rebuild option is perfect.

It would be a nice feature but I can see why you don't really want to do it. I'm a system builder and own my own pc sales and repair business and have been making my own update packs for this ever since vLite included the integration option and I have to make 4 different DVD's every month (twice this month, thank you very much KB941649), but that's alright since DVD's are cheap. It just seems a waste is all. I'm just thankful that this tool exists as it saves me countless hours of headaches. :yes: