Installing Vista Service Pack?

Legolash2o

Hi legolash2o !

Okay, if i give another try i send you a picture of the BSOD.

Installed the x86 version of the SP1 on RTM x86 US and no BSOD, but the x64 version is more responsive for me with my hardware.

I've made another Vlited install using the same vlite settings than x64 install and all work fine, even the registry software.

I think that x64 version of Vista work better than x86 with 4 Go of RAM.

And the copy file problem is not totally solved with x86.

My hardware :

Motherboard:

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz (9 x 267)

Motherboard Name Asus P5B Deluxe (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Broadwater P965

System Memory 4096 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS Type AMI (10/30/07)

Display:

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (320 MB)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (320 MB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Monitor Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB] (49LMDU2000339)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD1988B @ Intel 82801HB ICH8 - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

Storage:

IDE Controller Intel® 82801HR/HH/HO SATA AHCI Controller

Storage Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Disk Drive HDT722516DLA380 (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Disk Drive HDT722516DLA380 (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Disk Drive OTi CF CARD Reader USB Device

Disk Drive OTi MS CARD Reader USB Device

Disk Drive OTi SD CARD Reader USB Device

Disk Drive OTi SM CARD Reader USB Device

Disk Drive WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR1 (150 GB, 10000 RPM, SATA)

Optical Drive AV2545J CTT870V SCSI CdRom Device

Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:8x, DVD+RW:20x/8x, DVD-RW:20x/6x, DVD-RAM:12x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:

C: (NTFS) 39997 MB (30518 MB free)

D: (NTFS) 157063 MB (117869 MB free)

E: (NTFS) 157063 MB (125065 MB free)

F: (NTFS) 103086 MB (51386 MB free)

Total Size 446.5 GB (317.2 GB free)

Input:

Keyboard Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (IntelliType Pro)

Mouse Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse (IntelliPoint)

Network:

Primary IP Address 192.168.1.100

Primary MAC Address 00-18-F3-5E-B3-39

Network Adapter Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8056 based Ethernet Controller (192.168.1.100)

Peripherals:

Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer

FireWire Controller Texas Instruments TSB43AB22 1394A-2000 OHCI PHY/Link-Layer Controller (PHY: TI TSB41AB1/2)

USB1 Controller Intel 82801HB ICH8 - USB Universal Host Controller [b-0]

USB2 Controller Intel 82801HB ICH8 - USB2 Enhanced Host Controller [b-0]

USB Device Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000

USB Device Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000.

USB Device USB Composite Device

USB Device USB Composite Device

USB Device USB Human Interface Device

USB Device USB Human Interface Device

USB Device USB Mass Storage Device

DMI:

DMI BIOS Vendor American Megatrends Inc.

DMI BIOS Version 1219

DMI System Manufacturer System manufacturer

DMI System Product System Product Name

DMI System Version System Version

DMI System Serial Number System Serial Number

DMI System UUID A0000DC6-8DFED511-A84B0018-F35EB339

DMI Motherboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.

DMI Motherboard Product P5B-Deluxe

DMI Motherboard Version Rev 1.xx

DMI Motherboard Serial Number MB-1234567890

DMI Chassis Manufacturer Chassis Manufacture

DMI Chassis Version Chassis Version

DMI Chassis Serial Number Chassis Serial Number

DMI Chassis Asset Tag Asset-1234567890

DMI Chassis Type Desktop Case

DMI Total / Free Memory Sockets 4 / 0

ok, btw nice spec :D, try not to integrate any drivers and after setup just start installing sp1 or whatver but keep the drivers uninstalled, if it loads then you can try installing the drivers to see if it does it... if that makes sense

Hi legolash2o !

I've made all Vista full install x86 or x64 (not vlited) without any driver or patch or update installed.

And the SP1 x64 install gave me a BSOD every time on a very clean install !! lol

The only thing i do every time after a clean install : i register Vista with the serial number

PS : I've disabled wifi and the Jmicron controller in the bios !

Edited by MFCK

I was trying to incorporate the latest SP1 onto my Vista Ultimate x86 drive via Virtual PC and kept coming up with 800F081F error. It happend right after it started to download SP1, got to about 13% downloaded, and then say this error. I tried several times. Made numerous different vLite'd disks with different settings but the same thing.

It was not until just a minute ago that I released this:

virtualpcimage1rg2.jpg

Since Bitlocker is required and that it's not "on" in my Virtual drive, that I kept coming up with this error. Also, the code resembles the one listed on this site.

So, I'm going to go burn my image to a DVD and install on another parition on my HDD. Hopefully everything goes well and I can get this stupid thing to work.. :/

BTW, I'm loving SP1 on Vista Ultimate x64 (build 6001.17036, non-vLite'd).

-Mike

assuming you both was using VMWare, just a process of elimation thing really. How much free space do you have on your VMWare drives? Also is there anything in Event Viewer?. I'll have a look into it but if anyone has any information please let me know, thanks.

P.S. You don't need to setup bitlocker, just need to keep it in vlite.

Lego

Edited by legolash2o

Since the new SP1 RC Pre fails almost on any removal I recommend that you don't install SP1 on vLited installation.

Procedure should be: install full on another partition, run sp1 on it, boot to another Windows or WinPE and capture that SP1 install with imagex. Now you have new WIM file which can be used with vLite. And you don't have to install SP1 on every reinstall.

But of course all this trouble is worth it only after SP1 final is released.

Ask Microsoft that, I didn't lock it.

People will have preintegrated ISO anyway when it comes out so this will be a mute point.

Tell me one thing, can you imagine someone making XP Lite SP1 then install SP2 over it? I can't, seems so funny.

Ask Microsoft that, I didn't lock it.

People will have preintegrated ISO anyway when it comes out so this will be a mute point.

Aye lol but wasnt blaming you anyways :), i was mainly thinking (when i started this) that lets say if someone had SP1 pre-integrated and then SP2 appears on windows update, i want to be able to install it without reinstall. But then again it would be best to just reinstall with SP2 pre-integrated which i would of done anyway so your right.

I've kept all the stuff anyways most importantly the error numbers incase someone does have them.

Tell me one thing, can you imagine someone making XP Lite SP1 then install SP2 over it? I can't, seems so funny.

Personally i would think that would be a silly thing to do, but i was hoping that Windows Update will only download the stuff you need like if you dont have Windows Defender you wont get Definition Updates, another example is if if you didnt have Security Center installed it wont add the missing links n crap. but thats wishful thinking and probably wont happen. Sounds stupid when i think about it (the security center example idea thingy).

Liam

Edited by legolash2o

Personally i would think that would be a silly thing to do, but i was hoping that Windows Update will only download the stuff you need like if you dont have Windows Defender you wont get Definition Updates, another example is if if you didnt have Security Center installed it wont add the missing links n crap. but thats wishful thinking and probably wont happen. Sounds stupid when i think about it (the security center example idea thingy).

That's exactly what I was hoping for as well but they merged all the hotfixes into one so it can't skip (some can?) missing components like hotfixes.

They can put "Ignore missing files" flag into it but didn't because that way when full Vista errors out it would be undetected.

If final SP fails only on some removals I'll gladly add SP1 compatibility option but that said it still isn't recommended to install it over the configured OS.

hmm, SP1 Final might come with a more sophisticated setup, because some hotifxes when trying to install one says its not needed for you computer, the sophisted setup might do the same to some hotfixes, but that i seriously doubt that will happen, anyways lets just wait for final to be released :) then again its the only option we have....

Liam

this post was just for users with 800F081F

Stop Windows Update Service, delete C:\Windows\Software Distribution Folder (the whole thing), restart windows update service and recheck for updates. This is not a vlite issue

Edited by legolash2o

this post was just for users with 800F081F

Stop Windows Update Service, delete C:\Windows\Software Distribution Folder (the whole thing), restart windows update service and recheck for updates. This is not a vlite issue

now I recive error code 80070002 :wacko:

spifj2.jpg

Last_Session.ini