I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT IS HIDING FROM ME!

shelf_dude

OK i feel like a real id***. i installed a program that would stop my daughter from being online all night long. i have since forgot the name of the program and the quick key to open it and can not get online when i need to now. any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by shelf_dude

(pardon my bad explanation ahead of time)

A service is basically a program that runs all of the time, but in the background. You don't see it, but you might interact with it. To see what services are running, click Start > run and type services.msc. If you see some sort of "internet restriction thing-a-ma-bob" then try opening it and seeing if you can stop the service. Also, if it's just some random keyboard shortcut to open it, try looking on their website's help area, it might list the default. Alternatively, try going to C:/Program Files/<program name> and see if there is some file ending in .exe that might be the config utility and try opening it.

If you don't know the name, it might jog your memory to check out the program files folder as instructed above. There may be a folder for it.