Darius Gaiden for PC

Glenn9999

I got a few questions regarding Darius Gaiden for the PC, but since I seem to find very little that talks about the game at all online and almost nothing about the PC version, I thought I might ask the "has anyone played it?" question first before I ask the questions I had in mind...

Alright, if anyone won't acknowledge specifically playing this game, I'll go ahead and ask some general questions out of the pile of them that I had:

1) I want to get this game working on Windows XP. It fires up and works for the first level but then drops out to the command-prompt complaining about not being able to read the ROM drive. Upon searching, I find people mentioning that they were able to do some things to make it work in XP, but no specific directions about how to...

2) I notice on the Sega version is where most seem to talk and the game play videos I find on Youtube. I see mention of a fire-rate increase code for that version. Is there any documentation that it might have been carried over in the port to the PC that I have?