Installing .net 3.0 is sooo slow

Hi,

I currently use RyanVM's AIO package to install the .net frameworks, but 3.0 takes about 10 minutes to install. Is there a another faster method of installing them? I know there are other methods, I just don't want to try them and discover that .net 3.0 just takes ages to install no matter what method is used.

Also, is there any real necessity for installing the frameworks? What popular apps use them?

Thanks,

Gray

Edited by Gray

Sadly I think any method you find will take a long time to install. Probably the only way we would be able to cut the time down is if someone was able to make a "Direct Integration addon" meaning someone actually found a way to slipstream the files and registry setting into the windows install instead of using installers. But the task would be very difficult. Hopefully someone will do it someday. But I don't have time to try to do it. :blink:

There are a lot of programs beginning to use the .net framework latley... but not so much as to having the need to install .net from the get go. Unless you use the driverpacks... some of the control panels aplets for some drivers require .net. But there is an option in the DPs_Base to actually use classic control panels which do not require .net.

I have been juggling with the idea myself if I should just remove .net from my install disks too.