Perfected Build Getting Closer

cmmcnamara

Ok so now I'm finally getting closer to the build of my XP portion of my CD but there are a few things left to integrate which are showing up on Windows Update:

October 2007 Malicious Software Removal Tool

Root Certificates Update

.NET Framework 1.1

.NET Framework 2.0

.NET Framework 3.0

Windows Messenger 4.7

Right now I'm going to attempt to integrate the .NET frameworks using RyanVM's All-in-one package but I can't get the root certificates to integrate properly, and I can't see how to integrate the Malicious Tool because the file you download is actually the Tool itself rather than an installer for it. So therefore I have the following questions which I need your help on before I move on to integrating other aspects of Windows like drivers:

1) How do I set it so that the Windows Messanger no longer appears in Windows update? Is there some sort of registry key I can have install with Windows XP to eliminate it from the download list?

2) How do I integrate the Root Certificates Update?

3) How do I integrate the Malicious Software Removal Tool?

This is how i accomplish what you are asking in my xp CD

1. I remove Windows Messenger from my source with nlite so updates for it never show up on windows update.

2. I install the Root Certificates Update from the Windows Update Site and i grab the file out of C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\Install and move it to my window source where install it unattended with the following switch /Q. works perfectly every time.

3. I add this line to my registry tweak fill to prevent Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool from appearing on windows update. You must update the version key every month as the tool updates.

;Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool Version 1.34 (Prevents Windows from Detecting this on Windows Update)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemovalTools\MRT]

"Version"="52168AD3-127E-416C-B7F6-068D1254C3A4"

Brian

Ok thanks for all the help guys, mara your guide for fully updated Xp is superb it's helped a lot but I still can't get Windows Messanger 4.7 to go away out of the updates list and I have removed it with nLite. Any ideas for this problem?

EDIT: I am also unable to integrate the .NET Frameworks. I followed your guide mara and I still receive them as updates in windows update.

Edited by cmmcnamara