Silent rundll32 script

hey guys... a few years back i came upon a script to get rid of windows messenger (the one that comes with windows XP)

I never liked it and back then i always downloaded MSN messenger (I liked it better and i had more control)

So here is the script...

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

It seemed like a simple way to get rid of it and it works great... but sadly when i integrate it into my Install.cmd it pops up with a confirmation box and a box that confirms its done...

Does anyone know how i could run this silently?

I did a search and couldnt find anything relevant...

thanks a million guys!

You can simply not make it install in the first place, instead of removing it later on during the whole setup process. You'll need to add some lines to your WINNT.SIF for this; see the Unattended Guide.

Actually as a side note.... i know i can remove it using nlite but im using an automated windows update script during my install and it keeps redownloading it since the update script is not that smart to pick one update or another: it just downloads all new available updates...

So if anyone knows a better way to do it please let me know....

For info: A box comes up asking if im sure i want to run the script since Windows Messenger is still running (because it starts automaticly after it is installed)... then it pops up another box saying it is finished "please click ok"...

This is really a problem since the idea is not to have to sit there and wait for these messages....

Thanks again all!

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove,1,N

Calling Syntax

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection inf filename[,section name][,flags][,smart reboot]

INF Filename

INF file pathname you want to launch.

Section Name

INF install section name you want to launch in the INF file.

Flags

Flag Meaning

1 Quiet Mode

2 No GrpConv

Smart Reboot

N No Reboot

A Always Reboot

I Reboot if Needed (default value)

http://www.sokoolz.com/addons/r64/INF_DOC.ZIP

Edited by ricktendo64