How to copy folder into the user folder

Hi,

I tried to copy folders into the user folder by doing that:

$oem$ > $docs > Nuja (nuja is my user folder, i use those folder for the junctions link)

When i do that, vista create a Nuja.Nujacomp folder (it use my computer name and user name because there is my folder Nuja, if it wasn't the case it would have made the Nuja folder instead)

My question is how do i do to put folders in the user folder ? by using the distribution folders ?

the junctions links doesn't seem to work as i told u :x

and i use setupcomplete.cmd to add registry tweaks but sometimes its like its not adding the tweaks, someone know why ?

thank in advance.

++

Well, I've never been successful at using $OEM$\$DOCS\<USERNAME>. My workaround for this is using a cmd file with copy commands such as:

@echo off
Color 0A
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L N M O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\Autounattend.xml SET AppsRoot=%%i:

CMD /C XCOPY %APPSROOT%\MYFILES %USERPROFILE%\DOCUMENTS\ /E /H /Y

END

As for your regtweaks...adding them using setupcomplete.cmd I believe tells regedit that you are in machine mode so I think that only HKLM entries are processed. You're better off running a cmd AFTER logon. And I don't think firstlogon.cmd would help you.

Edited by razormoon

Well, I've never been successful at using $OEM$\$DOCS\<USERNAME>. My workaround for this is using a cmd file with copy commands such as:

@echo off
Color 0A
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L N M O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\Autounattend.xml SET AppsRoot=%%i:

CMD /C XCOPY %APPSROOT%\MYFILES %USERPROFILE%\DOCUMENTS\ /E /H /Y

END

As for your regtweaks...adding them using setupcomplete.cmd I believe tells regedit that you are in machine mode so I think that only HKLM entries are processed. You're better off running a cmd AFTER logon. And I don't think firstlogon.cmd would help you.

i have been testing a lot of things, i did find the way to do it with $oem$:

$OEM$\$Docs\DEFAULT USER\

and its all good :)