Cascade Windows

Tile Windows horizontally

Tile Windows vertically

------------------------

Task manager

------------------------

Lock the taskbar

Properties

When doing preparations for an unattended install it occured to me that I've never ever used the three options in blue text, they're actually only littering the menu. What is the best way of getting rid of these three? Preferably through some register tweak, since that's a tad easier to incorporate in an installation.

I thought of using Mmm since this has worked once earlier, but when installing Mmm in another of my test installations it doesn't affect that menu at all.

I doubt you'd be able to get rid of those menu items by applying a registry tweak. The entries would most likely be found in explorer.exe, which you would have to modify using Resource Hacker.

The Taskbar is a very special Window.

The way it was explained to me, way back, is to think of it as a Window with only a Toolbar, and everything is a button on this special Toolbar. The exception is the Taskbar Tray (where the clock is), it too is a special Window.

Therefore, just like any Toolbar the Context Menu (right-click) is fixed and cannot be edited.

Edited by tecknomage

Therefore, just like any Toolbar the Context Menu (right-click) is fixed and cannot be edited.

Thank you for the insight. Your conclusion is not entirely true, though.

I mentioned earlier about mmm manipulating the taskbar menu. I found the installation and tok a screenshot, as you can see in the attachment. Also, the reason why I couldn't get mmm to do this trick all over in later installations was obviously because this was mmm+ (the non-free version), which somehow had found it's way onto my system.

post-150322-1190912716_thumb.jpg

I will investigate a bit further to try and find mmm+'s secret.