virtual drive / folder

eyeball

Hi all,

ive tried googling this but its so hard to find what i am looking for.

i have a lot of hard drives, does anyone know if there is a piece of software that can show all of them as a singledrive? (but not through any sort of RAID)

thanks

I am not sure if any software does this but you can do JOBD in WinXP, Win2k & Win2k3. This is known as a spanned volume. Not sure about Vista as I have not played with it much. You should realize however that the drawback utilizing this method is there is no redundancy, you lose 1 drive you lose the whole volume.

Here is the link showing you how: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...e.mspx?mfr=true

thanks low tech but im aware of spanning, but as you say the data 'spans' the volumes so redundancy is an issue.

Basically i have 4 Raid 1 volumes 2 X 400GB 1 X 500GB and 1 X 750GB and data organization is a pain.

i tried some desktop search engines but they all suck, i used to use copernic 1.7.1 i think and it was awesome but i now run XP X64 and guess what, its not supported properly. so i came up with this possibility.

If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas i am willing to try them.

P.S the built in windows search funtionality has some proper commands you can use with it doesnt it? does anyone know them? as a google search only brings up links to windows desktop search mainly

btw i tried WDS and it doesnt fit on my taskbar (i have it on the rhs of my screen and the search box is cut of by the magnifying glass icon) so that is out of the question