VISTA and XP network weirdness

poken1151

Ok, heres the setup, My vista pc and my xp pc are connected via ethernet to a linksys wireless-g router, running dd-wrt firmware (but I doubt thats the problem). Anyways, I've worked and worked. And so far all I can do is SEE the xp pc in the full view of the network in the network and sharing center in vista, and I can SEE the vista pc in the "Entire Network" properties in XP. However. The XP machine cannot be seen in the "Networked Devices" in vista, and it cannot be accessed from the full-view map either. And the vista pc cannot be accessed from the XP machine because it says I don't have the privileges to do so.

So in Vista, the network and sharing center is in private with file and public sharing on along with network discovery.In XP I set up the network and had a couple of files shared. My network knowlege is limited, but this wasnt a problem before, a couple months back before I formatted the XP machine, the wireless network was ok, and the few times I connected the ethernet, it worked well. So is there anyway I can see both pc's on both ends and access each from the other? Is thereA guide or something I didnt notice on google? HepME Please!?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I tried to access the xp machine from vista using //PC_NAME, and I connected...I think, well it asked for a password, and, i NEVER set a password, so when I enter anything, it just says the same thing when the xp machine tries to connect to the Vista machine, I don't have access, or enough privileges or such. Help please.

Edited by poken1151