How to reset the grace period of activation in windows xp home edition

ppayun

I use the sysprep tools to make a image of windows xp, for xp pro, there is a option to reset the grace period of activation. but for xp home, this option is invalid. I was wondering if there is some way I can reset the grace period in xp home edition?

Let's hope you're not cloning a Windows that requires activation to multiple systems.

Sounds like you're cloning your installed XP Home to make restoring it back to the same computer quick and easy. First you should activate it before cloning and most of the time it will be activated when you restore. Second, you should record the install date in your clone image and backdate the clock if there is a risk that you have changed enough hardware to trigger activation.

Why is activation a problem? Isn't it as easy as connecting to the Internet and click go?

• 4 weeks later...
I use the sysprep tools to make a image of windows xp, for xp pro, there is a option to reset the grace period of activation. but for xp home, this option is invalid. I was wondering if there is some way I can reset the grace period in xp home edition?

I have a question for you.

How do I reset the grace period for XP Pro?

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy