Security update replaces explorer.exe .. help ?

Cti

I have integrated all new files such as shell32.dll etc into my setup cd but there is a securtiy update, this update replaces explorer.exe, I took the new replaced explorer and added my icons to it. Now the problem is windows will ask to download the same security update again, so my question being is that security update still going to work ?? or is there any way to stop this from happening

What I mean is, now that I took the new explorer.exe and put my icons in .. is the update doing what it is suppose to ie keeping the bad guys out lol

hope someone can understand what I am tryin to say

Thanks

1:\ Make sure the security update with the new Explorer is installed

2:\ Move the new Explorer to a folder, I use %SystemDrive%\Shell

3:\ Make the changes to Explorer in %SystemDrive%\Shell

4:\ Replace the Update explorer in %SystemDrive%\Windows with the one in %SystemDrive%\Shell

5:\ Reboot computer to see if your Explorer is used

This should in theory prevent the update that changes Explorer, from being installed again.

Just replacing resources in a binary file doesn't change how the binary file behaves. All windows update does is use a control to scan your system to see what version of files you have. Since changing icons in explorer doesn't touch the version windows update shouldn't find any problems.

-gosh

Windows must be checking another file then, this is what I did, I installed the update and it changed explorer.exe so some icons were old, I added my icons to the new explorer.exe, compressed it and added it to my installation cd