How to delete old network printers script

dubsdj

I'm having a problem with deleting old network printer connections that are no longer used that are in the registry.

Does anybody know of a script that can do this and be used with Group Policy?

The annoying thing is that when the user is logging in to the computers they are defaulting to the old disconnected printer.

I have tried the whole set default printer script but it never works, it only seems to work if I run it from their desktop. I tried putting the set default printer script in the Computer Startup GPO and the user logon script GPO but it just never seems to work... The printer still defaults to the disconnected network printer.

Maybe its just me but I think the whole adding and removing network printers is more complicated than it should be... Maybe I'm just missing something..

Well I had no luck with all of the things above.

Here's how i fixed my problem

1. I created a batch file and installed the printers

2. I then added the Stop and Start print services into the batch file after I had installed the printers.

3. I put the batch file in the group policy computer startup

4. I then created another batch file which runs the con2prt.exe and sets the printer i wanted as a default.

5. I created a shortcut to the con2prt batch file and put it in the all users startup folder on the machines where I wanted to default printer to be set.

I know its a bit of a dick in hand approach but it worked for me...

I hate printers.... For something so simple It's been a real nightmare to achieve.