[Release] RVM Integrator v1.5 Public Beta

I am finally releasing v1.5 to the public. It is still a beta... but it is on the borderline of a Release Candidate. It seems pretty rock solid... but I would like some more testing before I make a RC.

Everyone is welcome to check out the Beta release thread that I have been working on for quite some time. I moved it into the public area of the forums here:

http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142

some of the great new features are:

1. Recompression Plugin... which allows you to recompress your updatepacks/addons to help with the speed of your integrations by pre-compressing files. It is useful if you do many integrations.

2. Add Switchless installers as addons by simply selecting the exe file. It will automatically place your switchless installer into svcpack and svcpack.inf.

3. txtsetup.sif optimization. It Alphabetizes some of the areas of txtsetup.sif to help with speed when installing windows.

4. All of the bugs with spaces and symbols in paths should be fixed now.

5. My latest an favorite addition is the new Driver.cab cacheing! Now for those of you that do many integrations you can use cacheing of driver.cab. It will do a regular driver.cab recompression and copy the driver.cab files for later use. Next time you do an integration with the same OS edition (IE: Home or Pro) plus the same UpdatePack and version... then the integrator will simply copy the driver.cab file to your destination instead of recompressing it again. This is the lengthiest portion of integrations... so cacheing it is awesome!

5. Now some sections of your entries files can use a special variable: @PLUGINS which will reffer to the integrators "Plugins" directory. This is useful if you want to use external files during your integrations, copy, move files to and from the Plugins directory and so on.

6. You can now do updates for the WPI plugin...

7. much more new stuff...

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!!! There was soooooo much work put into this one. This is by far the biggest update the integrator has ever gotten. v1.5 has been re-written 3 times. All of the core code structure has been re-written over and over and tested for a very long time.

• 3 months later...