Question with nlite and programs/services.

Slane

Okay I could use a little help if anyone is on, I used the program and made a cd, now when it tries to install past starting point. (after it reboots to load windows installer).

It gives me some error goes to fast to see what it say, so the disk is a coaster I think. I asked someone about this and they told me I must of removed something important that windows needed that I should of not removed, he then told me to go here and ask what not to remove.

So here I am, I don't know why its doing this and will make another disk and try again, but before I do this I would like to make sure.

I will and can post the nlite settings.ini if you guys want me too? I also searched the forums and cant find anything about this, I even looked at the guides/tuts. Did not really cover this situation, much help aprricated!

1. We can't be of too much help without details of the error.

2. Everyone removes things a little different so there isn't one universal removal "plan". It all depends on what you need your computer to do.

3. Use VMWare/Virtualbox for testing.

1. We can't be of too much help without details of the error.

2. Everyone removes things a little different so there isn't one universal removal "plan". It all depends on what you need your computer to do.

3. Use VMWare/Virtualbox for testing. Does vmware work on your desktop or allows me to use a fake image instead of burning the ISO to test it ? Don't have the option to format the computer I am on, this is for another one. I also went to the site and I am not sure this is going to help me.

okay ya , well anyways here is my INI file, the error I recall it said something "unexpected error" then said setup is restarting and goes into a loop like that. I can only see it for a second.

Also I am clueless in the ways of virtual box testing.

Last_Session.ini

Edited by Slane

try creating your disk without removing anything. Then testing.

You can get VMWare Server of Virtual PC for free from VMWare and Microsoft. They are installed on a running os and then you attach your ISO to the cd of the virtual machine and perform an install to the virtual machine. So you basically have an OS running from within an os. Saves on CD-r's and having to have two machines to do your testing on. It won't wok for testing hardware drivers but it will for the rest of an installation.

try creating your disk without removing anything. Then testing.

You can get VMWare Server of Virtual PC for free from VMWare and Microsoft. They are installed on a running os and then you attach your ISO to the cd of the virtual machine and perform an install to the virtual machine. So you basically have an OS running from within an os. Saves on CD-r's and having to have two machines to do your testing on. It won't wok for testing hardware drivers but it will for the rest of an installation.

Thanks, thats a good idea, I will try doing that, I found a virtualbox you guys speak of. Innotek virtualbox! Its pretty bad a**. This is the second Image, I made so far and it does the same thing. I will do what you said and come back to you guys.

Okay well I loaded a second image with the program, I skipped and did not load or change anything at all, I did not load up the last session ether.

Once I did this and made the ISO/image I loaded it up and it did the same thing like the other file. I gets to the part where it reboots to the part with the mouse and blue background etc. Then just shuts down and reboots.

I am going to try and load up the main CD again to my desktop and load no hotfixes or the service pack. Skip everything and just go to the end make a image and try to load that up.

I loaded up the stock cd on my harddrive with Nlite then ran through the steps only make it unattended settings and did not load service pack. IT WORKED but no service pack 2 or none of the hotfixes....

I could use some help people please. None of the guides cover this...

Edited by Slane