HFSVCPACK_SW3

Fungus

Hi! This is my first post to the forum.

I have been using the excellent HFslip now for sometime and it's a fabulous script, thanks TommyP!

I was wondering if you could add functionality for a 3rd type of service pack which requires the /U /Q /Z /O /N switches.

js56nen.exe

KB820888 - Volume Mount Hangup Issue

KB822831 - Device Driver Installation Issue

Q818043 - IPSec NAT-T Update

These and some other service packs and add-ons require these types of switches.

some extra stuff you might want to know...

Q817472 - IDE ATA and ATAPI disk time out/CRC error PIO mode fix uses -u -n -o -z -q type switches also.

dotnet 1.1 and 2.0 (probably 3.0) use just /Q switch for silent install.

KB928365 RCE Vulnerability in .NET framework 2.0 uses /qn /norestart

Cheers

Edited by Fungus

I think it wouldn't help that much:

js56nen.exe -- replaced by KB917344-56

KB820888 -- replaced by the rollup update

KB822831 -- replaced by the rollup update

Q818043 -- updates rastapi.dll to 5.0.2195.6738 (other files are replaced by SP4, the rollup update and KB911280-v2)

Q817472 -- updates atapi.sys to 5.0.2195.6741

So basically, only those two Qxxxxxx hotfixes remain. They are supported in the HF folder if you use HFSLIP test release 70901a (which also removes the useless subfolder named "56bit").

If you prefer to use a final version, you have two options:

1) Copy those two Qxxxxxx hotfixes in the HF folder and rename them so they have the word "Windows" in their name

OR

2) Create a folder named NOREG inside HF and place those two hotfixes in there; there's no need to rename them as HFSLIP treats files in this subfolder as Type 1 hotfixes by default

HFSLIP 1.6.2 doesn't yet remove the useless "56bit" subfolder so you'll have to do that yourself.

Hope this helps....

Tomcat76 I just do not see those hotfixes covered in the update rollup.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891861

so I will keep them in my installation source for now. However HFSLIP does not seem to support them.

Windows2000-KB820888 Computer stops responding (hangs) when it tries to mount an NTFS volume after you restart the computer

Windows2000-KB822831 BUG: Driver installation program does not install device drivers

I guess these are optional ones.

Cheers

Edited by Fungus

I don't look at the MS pages for that. I checked the files that are inside those hotfixes, and the update rollup (KB891861-v2) contains newer versions of these. I don't actually know if the newer file versions from the rollup fix the bugs that are described in KB820888 and KB822831, but I do know that if I added support for these HFSLIP would take the newest files, which are the rollup files. The outcome would be the same.