LSASS.EXE boot error, MAJOR HELP

footballking3420

I tried to install my nLited XP SP2 disc, but I keep getting an error upon boot right after it's done copying files. I get an application error for LSASS.EXE. It then causes my system to just keep rebooting over and over again. This error has never happened before. I even re-transfered the XP SP2 files from the original again and created another disc and yet this error happened again.

Anybody know how to solve this? It installs fine with my normal disc and I can run my Bart's PE disc without fail, but the nLited install fails.

I can install from the original disc, I could always install from a nLited disc before so it isn't the program or anything on my computer. The only thing I can think of is maybe a file that I have set to remove by nLite, but like all but 2 or 3 I have removed and was still able to install without this error. Although I don't see how a file would could this problem since it specifically names lsass.exe as having an error and or not being able to execute. If it was another file's fault, I would figure it would mention that file instead.

This is really getting annoying. How is it that all of a sudden it just gives me an error, but only using an nLited disc? Still doesn't make any sense since it has never happened before.

Edited by footballking3420

I can install from the original disc, I could always install from a nLited disc before so it isn't the program or anything on my computer. The only thing I can think of is maybe a file that I have set to remove by nLite, but like all but 2 or 3 I have removed and was still able to install without this error. Although I don't see how a file would could this problem since it specifically names lsass.exe as having an error and or not being able to execute. If it was another file's fault, I would figure it would mention that file instead.

This is really getting annoying. How is it that all of a sudden it just gives me an error, but only using an nLited disc? Still doesn't make any sense since it has never happened before.

preset plz

That to me still doesn't make sense though since it stated that the error was specifically with lsass.exe. I would figure that if the problem was with one of the other files, it would have stated that file as having the error. The majority of those files I remove have been removed in other installs and it always worked fine. There are only maybe one or two that are being removed for the first time. Time for a witch hunt I guess.