Intergrating SATA drivers with nforce 4 help

Browncoat1984

So I recently got a SATA hard drive for my PC, did a 1:1 copy of my old hard drive to the new one and some important files like MSCONFIG became corrupt...so I want to run windows repair from the installation disk in hopes that that might fix it, the problem is the windows CD won't detect the hard drive and the windows installation. It says there are no installations of Windows present. My motherboard is an ABIT KN* Socket 939 Nvidia Nforce 4 board.

So I did some searching and came across nlite and said to myself "cool, this will solve my problem." Looking at the FAQ I found the guide for integrating nforce 4 SATA drivers onto the Windows XP CD...I followed the guide, burned my CD...and its not working. Its STILL not detecting the new hard drive...can anybody help me with this?

Hi I had a simular problem on my Abit AV8 Board when installing windows on a Sata drive it wouldnt find the driver discs. Pushing F6 didnt do anything when installing. After many hours of trying again and again it turned out this new keyboard I was using wouldnt recognise F6 in Dos mode. I checked the configaration of it and it was certinaly configured correctly.

You didnt say how you copied the files over from one hard drive to the other which could be the fault.

I tried Nlite a couple of times and did work but couldnt get the updates to install. Enquired on this forum about it but got no takers how to solve problem. So hope you have some luck in a remedy.

here is how: take an xp sp2 cdrom (pref the one you had used before, or one with the same settings (execpt for the unattended part), dont intergrate any drivers ..... use driverpacks.net 's tool to intergrate AT LEAST the mass strorrage pack (selecting the option for textmode.sif intergration)....

go about as you did before (cuze now you have a cdrom than includes a few more sata and scsi drivers to work with...

So I tried your suggestion and it STILL won't work...okay, this is really starting to frustrate me.
Did you remove the old hdd? If not, have you set your new hdd at first place of the "HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY" settings within the mainboard BIOS (Advanced BIOS Features)?

Have you tried to boot off the XP CD and using the FIXBOOT/FIXMBR option?