Dreamscene question

dlyon

Hi there,

I've installed a vlite'd Windows Vista Home Premium x64, for the sake of saving the space and resource used by Ultimate, although I would like to be able to run Dreamscene on it.

I know that there's a modification available for x86 systems to run Dreamscene, consisting of themecpl.dll, dreamscene.dll, the mui files, and some registry tweaks. I've extracted the relevent files from an x64 install of Vista Ultimate, and have copied them into the relevent places in my Home Premium install, however, I cannot get the Dreamscene section to display in the Personalization control applet. I've removed Windows Media Player, although left the Windows Media Codecs installed, as vlite made specific mention that they are required for Dreamscene to work.

Evidently the files must be modified in some fashion to work... could anyone give me a point in the right direction? I've no idea where to start, and Google has turned up nothing of the person who originally made the modification.

Many thanks.

Indeed I have, thank you, but both of these file sets are intended for the x86 version of Vista, and produce no results in the x64 version. Infact, they break the Personalization control panel.

Comparing those files to the original Dreamscene files from an x86 installation shows some differences, so the files seemed to require modification to work. Whatever the modification was, I'm imagining that the same thing needs to be done to the x64 files.

Exactly what that thing is though, I'm not sure.