Video display glitch with GeForce 8800 GTS

Thunderbolt 2864

Yes I finally got this video card if you guys remembered me mentioning getting one.

Ok, I need your help guys, I would have posted this on the NVIDIA but creating a new account won't let me log in for some reason.

Everytime I watch a video in Windows Media Player, there would be some graphic display glitch. If you guys don't understand what I'm talking about, I have captured a screenshot here to show you:

http://www.geocities.com/johnvuong2000/capture.JPG

I have circled the area where it seems to be the problem. There seems to be some black hollow every few seconds when I play it. This only happened when I upgraded to the 8800 GTS.

Any solutions please? Thank you.

Basic questions again:

- What driver are you using?

- Motherboard that is used?

- Is the system OCed?

- The OS you are using?

So, it’s only with video overlay playback? Or does it show also when playing games, like strange textures or artifacts?

1. Well, I'm using the latest driver, 162.18

2. Using a Gigabyte motherboard

3. Whats OC? Sorry.

4. Windows XP SP2 with all updates

Yes its the video only in Windows Media Player. The other video players don't show this sign, but I prefer Windows Media Player. When I play games, it runs fine.

OC is over clocking, rising clock-speeds above specifications of the factory ;).

So, this isn’t a hardware problem then if it works in all other players except M$ media player 11.

Moving this thread to the Windows XP forum part…

I managed to fix the problem, now a new problem has arised. Some of the videos I watch have weird colours which is more annoying. Seriously, I think its the NVIDIA drivers that are causing the problem. But if I uninstall Klite Mega Codec, the problem will go away. But I need the codec, I can't view some videos without it. Any suggestions?

And thanks to the people who helped me here.

Yes I finally got this video card if you guys remembered me mentioning getting one.

Ok, I need your help guys, I would have posted this on the NVIDIA but creating a new account won't let me log in for some reason.

Everytime I watch a video in Windows Media Player, there would be some graphic display glitch. If you guys don't understand what I'm talking about, I have captured a screenshot here to show you:

http://www.geocities.com/johnvuong2000/capture.JPG

I have circled the area where it seems to be the problem. There seems to be some black hollow every few seconds when I play it. This only happened when I upgraded to the 8800 GTS.

Any solutions please? Thank you.

I see a dot in the screenshot.

Dots often are caused by the VRAM on the video card being OC'ed too much.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP