can someone please explain to me

dcyphure

i thought originally this would be a simple question when i searched google for answers but now has been rather aggrevating

can someone explain whats different on a dvd that can can be booted from after a restart vs nonbootable and why i need 3rd party softs like nero7 dvd bootable option?

i'm asking cause i ripped vista and i vlited it, vlites burner isnt working for me for some odd reason, so i burned it myself using vista's built in dvd burner option

it burns the files perfectly but it wont boot after restart like the stock dvd does. you know where you recieve the message asking to "press any key to boot from disk"

so i googled around info on how to make it bootable but all i find is 3rd party softwares that can create bootable disks.....(emphasizing question here, not yelling despite aggrevation) WHAT ARE THESE APPS DOING TO THE DVD TO MAKE IT BOOTABLE?

if its nothing then why isnt my copy of vista booting? bad burn maybe, i tried several times

its that answer i cannot find, are these apps adding files to it? if so cant i just add those files myself?

i asked this on another forum but the responders said they had no clue what i was talking about with one saying i need it to be an iso file...which my vlited vista file already is

with any bootable cd/dvd software you have to specify a boot sector file. bootfix.bin gives you the boot screen message, and etfsboot.com is the actual default boot loader for the dvd.

ok thanks it makes sense now....are these files that i can create myself and just burn those 2 or somehow copy to the disk. my vlited copy has both those files but maybe thier corrupted...can i just copy from stock disk and burn those or could they be different