Custom XP Pro Help

I've learned a lot so far about creating the unattended setup disk. I don't believe that I will have any problems creating a non customized disk.

I have successfully slipstreamed SP2 and all hotfixes available to date into my setup.

I have modified the winntbbu.dll file to change the billboards and the look of the GUI portion of the setup.

I have modified my logonui.exe file for a custom logon screen.

My first few attempts were successful in creating a mostly unattended setup, I encountered a few errors that didn't stop the setup from completing but required the user to interact. The first error I encountered was the windows setup recognizing the modified logonui.exe file. The second problem was my $OEM$ folder not being copied during the installation (thus my users wern't setup, custom settings wern't applied ect.).

I modified the layout.inf file to correct the copied file size for logonui.exe and found out that I had forgot to change the OEMPREINSTALL to YES in my winnt.sif file. I changed both of those and then encountered 2 new errors. Windows Setup recognized my winntbbu.dll file as modified, and then encountered a fatal error when starting the GUI portion of the setup with the error 800b0100.

I've read a lot on this error as well as problems with modifing the layout.inf file. Several other threads mentioned that the syssetup.dll file could caues this error and that attempting to re-install should help resolve the issue. I can't afford to attempt multiple re-installs if the setup fails and my poor Pentium II can't handle a Virtual PC. My real questions are, do I receive this error because I moddified the layout.inf file and where can I find information to help me keep from getting the "file was copied incorrectly" error during WXP setup when Windows recognizes a modified file without modifing the layout.inf file?

Thanks for you time and expertise!

well from what it sounds like these three Patches you would need to have added also.

1. Patched: SFC_OS.DLL

Disables Windows File Protection from registering, sets it to "Always Off" even during Text-Mode & GUI setup.

2.Patched: SYSSETUP.DLL

INF Unlock refers to Disabling the check for M$ Digital Signature on the syssetup.inf file,

flagging it as "Always Valid" so that it can be modified.

3.Multi-Patch: UXTHEME.DLL

Allows for the use of Themes & boot screen replacements that are not Digitally Signed by M$

Hope that Helps