Unattended XP install with sysprep

Hello, the $OEM$ Distribution Folders if you set your unattended to "OemPreinstall=Yes" (under the [unattended] section) sets automatic for Setup to regard this installation as a distribution and copies these files over to the system drive.

This option is default to No. This occurs at the end of Text-mode Setup.

Having OemPreinstall set to Yes will also prevent you from loading RAID/SATA drivers from a floppy disc during textmode setup. The only workaround for that problem is to directly integrate the drivers into the CD

Thanks. Doesn't seem to work for me, but quite possibly it's how i'm doing it. I'm just testing it on my laptop and have a c:\sysprep\i386\$oem$ where i have $1, $$, $Docs and $Prog folders. I know that C:\sysprep gets removed but I thought that was after text mode, so shouldn't the files be copied over to the right folders?

Here's the reasoning. I have a very strict environment where the base image is created by app support, then we out in the field can customize as needed. Since the base exists at every site, no need for me to carry it with me, but if I had a sysprep for each of my sites, i'd be all set to create a new image by sysprepping that base.

If I can get this to work as I think it should, it would be a god send....Thanks for any input.....Oh should have mentioned...sysprep with mini setup....that's not really text mode then is it?

Edited by meister