[SOLVED]Can't run windows update, system restore, flash pages

tal ormanda

It happened when I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 7. It messed up then I used system restore, somehow I got it to install right, but now pages with flash do not load, system restore shows a blank page, and windows update page does not work. And I get this script error when I go on sites and the only way to get it to go off is to go to task manager and end iexplorer.exe.

85906415tg9.png

Edited by tal ormanda

Have you tried exiting the Kaspersky GUI via the right-click option on the system tray icon, and disabling the service?

Have you tried flash media in Firefox or Opera after you install the respective extension/plugin?

Have you tried using Dial-A-Fix?

Have you tried exiting the Kaspersky GUI via the right-click option on the system tray icon, and disabling the service?

Have you tried flash media in Firefox or Opera after you install the respective extension/plugin?

Have you tried using Dial-A-Fix?

1. I exited it and disabled

2. I manually downloaded flash and it is installed but it does not work. Flash media does work in firefox. I go to youtube in IE and it says flash is not installed. I also reinstalled IE.

3. I did use dial a fix

=(

you can always try safe mode, install scripten.exe from microsoft.com, and follow that microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313853

-gosh

Did what that site says, nothing, cant find scripten.exe though..Isn't that for windows 2000..?

Edited by tal ormanda

Messed with dial a fix again and got system restore to work. But now IE7 says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" all the time. I uninstalled but still did nothing.

"Last diagnostic run time: 08/21/07 10:40:04 HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.

info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.

info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com. "

Restarted....FIXED

Edited by tal ormanda