Changing USB polling freq. causes setup error

Waldo2k2

Using Nlite 1.4 beta, changing the usb polling frequency causes windows setup to fail every time (missing or corrupted usbehci.sys error).

Conditions: Vanilla XPSP2 disc + Nlite usb polling option only

Results: Fatal setup error: Missing or corrupted usbehci.sys

Test System: VMWare Server

Fix: Not selecting a different usb polling freq. resolves the problem.

This problem was kicking my butt for hours last night, I tried every combination of order of operations for rvm updates and driverpacks, eventually I narrowed it down to something with nlite, then finally the light bulb turned on and I made the connection between the faulty usbehci and the polling option.

Hope this helps, if you need my log I can post it, but I don't see any sense in running the process all over again when it's easy enough to test the outcome.

Thanks for great software.

• 1 month later...
I'm sure that I have better solution. Use clean Xp install, not some Vanilla disc.

I never had that problem. Every version of nLite that have this option works perfectly!

FYI, Vanilla = Clean...sorry, it's a term used elsewhere to describe a clean source...didn't mean to confuse the subject.

I noticed there are 2 rc's in the last couple of days, I will test with the latest and post results back here.