Logical Disk Manager

as1308

hello friends ,

when i go to computer managemnt and disk mngmnt this error occurs .. (see pic )

i tried this run-->services.msc then starting all logical device manager services .. but it wouldn't start..

my pc has 2 partitions c & d.. win 98se was installed in c:\ .... and i installed Xpsp2 from win98 to d:\

the 2 partitions were made in win98..

PLS PLS help ... also i am attaching a slave to this hdd .. will this problem affect my doing so and will i be able to make partitions in the new hdd ? pls suggest alternate soln to make partition

post-151091-1187369520_thumb.jpg

For starters, go one step below to "services and applications" and check if "Logical disk manager" and "Logical disk manager administrative service" are enabled and started.

But if they are, it doesn't mean much, because there are a lot of other dependencies. Post a screenshot of your services.

GL

For starters, go one step below to "services and applications" and check if "Logical disk manager" and "Logical disk manager administrative service" are enabled and started.

But if they are, it doesn't mean much, because there are a lot of other dependencies. Post a screenshot of your services.

GL

a pic of my services

untitled.bmp

Everything you see in services.msc comes from the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\dmserver

Is the key for logical disk manager. If you look at depend on service it says this:

RpcSs

PlugPlay

So in services.msc you need to make sure these services are started and set to manual or automotic.

-gosh

Check the System Log in the Event Viewer. There should be an error message stating which dependancy it couldn't start.

how do i check the event viewer .. wat command to use ?

On the pictures you attached, it's the third one from above on the left panel. When you expand it you'll have application, security and system. Click each one of them and review the messages on the right (by double clicking each) - whether any of them has something to say about any of the services mentioned not starting - or for that matter, about ANY service failing to start - or any other scary sounding messages (don't worry too much, if the computer can boot, u can usually fix most of the problems). :)

GL