Partition Error #105

iceangel89

HELP!!!

My HDD cant boot and in partition magic gives me "Partition Table Error #105". and do not allow me to touch the partitions! delete is grayed out, and format produced "Bad parameter 4". Acronis Disk Director didn't help either, it seems to hang and my mouse can move but can't click!!

Hi there, you got a problem that I don’t want to have on my computer, this is why I personally hate Partition Magic because it’s doing some magic you don’t want.

I found a program a few days ago but didn’t test it my self but it should be able to help you out. Download it here, it’s named TestDisk 6.8, Freeware and works on multiple OSes.

Let us know if it helped ;).

Hi there, you got a problem that I don’t want to have on my computer, this is why I personally hate Partition Magic because it’s doing some magic you don’t want.

I found a program a few days ago but didn’t test it my self but it should be able to help you out. Download it here, it’s named TestDisk 6.8, Freeware and works on multiple OSes.

Partition Magic is picky! Partition Magic is known to start erroring on people unless the HDD is low level erased!

If you can find nothing else that fixes this....

1. Make byte-by-byte copy of drive. Can be a Ghost image (use its forensics mode) or maybe force Acronis True Image to do byte-by-byte copying.

2. Delete all the partitions! Scary, huh? But it's okay, since it's all backed up, right?

3. Use something like Acronis® Disk Director. I have previously used Acronis Recovery Expert to do this, which I think has been superceded by Disk Director. ADD should be able to scan the disk and re-create all your partitions.

That's it. Yay. Finished.

the problem with deleting is PM dont allow me to... but i guess... a low level format will be good enuf, but i dont want to spoil my HDD. will it? i dont it before with my other computers without problems, but just worried, its still under warranty by HP i guess waiting for them maybe better, but i might try low level format - it will take very long? 250GB HDD. or maybe i'll try the /ipe method? which is supposed to force PM to read partitions

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbupThe program works! I'm so glad I found your post. Thanks! :D