Fan Controllers

Nerwin

Hey, I am looking for a nice fan controller that is under 40 bucks and is black and It needs to control at least 4 fans.

I been looking at these:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...5&CatId=501

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811999171 ( I like this one but need to order it from some wheres else)

http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-chormatic-windmill-black.html

If you look, Please dont send me ones from new egg as of i can't buy anything from them. Thanks :)

Edited by computerMan

I'd stay away from anything with a fancy LCD display... they're unnecessary and IMO, ugly.

Another point to note - LED's on the fan controllers are nice, but some are VERY bright. I've got the ZM-MFC1 (non-plus), and those blue LEDs are enough for you to walk around most of my suite at night without bumping into things.

If I had to choose from your list - I'd go with the MFC1-Plus. It's sleek, simple, and it'll do the job quite nicely. :)

EDIT - Man... you can't even find the MFC1 Plus anywhere in Canada... crazy.

Why quadrouple (or even double for that matter) up on a channel when he can just get a 6-channel controller? Besides...how many fans do you really need?

1 x case front

1 x case rear

1 x CPU

1 x video card (which have their own built in controllers now days)

That's the four "necessary" ones (don't count the power supply...they're built in). If you have a good case that uses 120mm front and rear fans that's all you need. The six channel one that Zxian recommended would even allow for side and top fans without doubling up on channels. Excluding the video card that would still leave one channel open.

The Rheobus has blinding LEDs... every one of these that I've given to friends I've cut the LED's out.

@computerMan... you're talking about a fan controller, and then a USB hub...? :wacko:

HAHA!!! I know, I hate my mind.. :P

Well I have 4 Case fans and 4 other fans (CPU, PSU, Video Card, Chip Set) but those run by there self except for the chipset so thats five.

So I do need a Fan controller thats supports 5 + fans

2 In front

1 on Top

1 In Rear

1 on chipset

Thanks. :D

Well I do also do need a USB hub, But i also do need a fan controller and I dunno what to get first :P

The Rheobus has blinding LEDs... every one of these that I've given to friends I've cut the LED's out.

@computerMan... you're talking about a fan controller, and then a USB hub...? :wacko:

ya it does, that's why i modded mine a little ;)

If I may make a request and a suggestion...

1) Do you have any pictures of the inside of your case? Maybe a bit of help with the cable layout or positioning would help out as well.

2) What kind of case is it? Like memnoch said, you don't need a whole lot of fans to keep a system cool. I've got two in my older system - one exhaust, and one for the CPU. Careful cable arrangements and the fact that it's a fairly small case mean that I don't need anymore.

Also - 120mm fans are FAR better at moving air than 80mm fans. If you've got a case that uses four or five 80mm fans, I'd recommend saving up for a case that uses a 120mm fan for it's exhaust. For most basic systems, that one fan is plenty.

If I may make a request and a suggestion...

1) Do you have any pictures of the inside of your case? Maybe a bit of help with the cable layout or positioning would help out as well.

2) What kind of case is it? Like memnoch said, you don't need a whole lot of fans to keep a system cool. I've got two in my older system - one exhaust, and one for the CPU. Careful cable arrangements and the fact that it's a fairly small case mean that I don't need anymore.

Also - 120mm fans are FAR better at moving air than 80mm fans. If you've got a case that uses four or five 80mm fans, I'd recommend saving up for a case that uses a 120mm fan for it's exhaust. For most basic systems, that one fan is plenty.

Thanks, But No Thanks :) I like my system with all the Blue 80MM Fans running at 3200 RPMS :) YAY! its nice and loud and makes me sleep better lol :P But the reason why i wanted to have a fan controller is to make my wire more organized, cause the fans came with an attachment for a 4 pin power connector with a 3 pin fan connector and I can eliminate that with a fan controller. My case is http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=251&pgno=0

and I dont care about my wires right now cause my system runs at 27C well thats the CPU and the mobo runs at like 29C and video car runs at 41C so its pretty good, I just have a P4. But i'm buying a new mobo and PSU and CPU so i will make changes then.