MCE 2005 & HFLSIP v1.6.1 problem

PC Problems

Hello Tomcat and everyone.

Although i have few posts i have succesfully done many hfslip's on XP Home & Pro, i have just completed the Win2k and so far all have worked perfectly, but this problem i have has beat me!

I have a copy of an OEM MCE 2005 cd (2), i have tested these CD's and installed on a test rig with no problems.

I have copied both CD's to the SOURCE folder, the entire contents of each, nothing removed.

I have downloaded all the updates including those for MCE, IE7 and MP11 and the usual hotfixes, from your dynamic webpage.

The slipstream finishes OK on the standard options, i have included the .NET 1.1 silent installer

Now during the DOS portion of the file copy process i have an error saying "AcLayers.dll" cannot copy, the file is present on the DVD and in the SOURCE and SOURCESS directories. If i skip this file the installation does install OK.

I have tried this twice now from scratch with the same problem occuring.

Many thanks in advance for any help received.

Mike :thumbup:hello:

There is a non-public hotfix for aclayers.dll (KB917140) but I'm not sure it would solve the problem.

I suggest you run a chkdsk /r on the partition which holds your HFSLIP working folder. Then delete the SOURCE folder and copy over your CDs again.

I suppose you already tried another blank CD/DVD so I won't mention that ;)

Yeah it appears so...

It tried the whole procedure first time and setup could not copy AcLayers.dll, so i deleted the SOURCE and SOURCESS contents and started again from fresh, and still AcLayers.dll could not be copied!

I dont understand why the same file could be copied over corrupted twice i checked the files sizes in each directory and also the CRC32 value - all said exactly the same!

Done a CHKDSK as you suggested and it found problems and fixed them, so i did the same as above for the 3rd time and it worked perfectly.

I must say the whole experience with this MSFN board and your project have set an example the large blue chip companies should follow, questions are answered quickly, the help and support is 1st class, and lastly your HFSLIP is just outstanding. A testiment to all who have contributed to this whole experience.

Mike

:rolleyes: