troubles with slipstreaming sata drivers

Lrod

funny.. i also found that link some minutes before u posted it. :P

Im going to try his solution.

EDIT: I bought all the parts and built the pc myself back in 2006.

Edited by Lrod

Do not know if you are still having a problem but here is what I went through and finally got it solved.

Integration of the drivers has to be done in textmode, PNP does not work. Tried integrating the SATA drivers (in textmode as required) into an XP-Pro SP2 install disk using both nlite V1.4Beta and V1.35. Receive an error message about not having right to opening a registry key to PnpInterface, but message also said the integration might still work. Hit OK each time for each driver & the processing fininalized. However, when I went to the next step to make the ISO image, it would get into the prep portion of making the iso and hang. Tried it on both an XP based machine with SP2 (all MS flagged critical updates installed) and new HP DV9500t running VISA. Interestingly, they hang in different spots. Then tried using nlite V1.3, got the same error message about the registry key while integrating the driver, but had no problem making the ISO image with V1.3 and disk works as it should. Used the default setting for trying to make the ISO with all 3 versions. Good luck.

@ W Widmer

thx for the extra info but he has managed to solve the problem, the drivers downloaded from his motherboards website didnt work so he had to replace an inf file with a modified version to get it to work. The working AHCI drivers for his board are hard to find but got there in the end, he was also considering upgrading to Vista if the problem still appeared anyways.

Thanks anyways, much appreciated :)