iKernel.exe prob need RPC locator run but unable

rickytheanuj

when ever i try to install, some of program unable to install it shows following error.

i tried to start rpc service but i it's not started.

how can i solve this problem.

here is the screen short of error

Click on start -> Run -> type in services.msc - > locate (Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator) -> set start up type to Manual. If that don't help repeat the first step but locate the Windows Installer service set startup type to automatic.

I hope that helps u.

hae! guys, thanx for ur reply.... i tried wht u said,

i already know abt RPC but i was unknown abt dcom server.....

anyway... i tied both of them but it's unable to start

dcom server shows Error 1053

and RPC shows Error 1068

Hm - I don't think this has anything to do with the RPC services themselves, but something the installer is trying to communicate with that isn't responding to the RPC requests by the installer. What is the actual source for those error messages? Because there are about 10 for both error numbers, from ASP.net to userenv. Giving the source as well as the error # is almost always necessary to see what is happening.

More importantly, what happens if you follow this support article about this exact issue from InstallShield's support pages?

in my experience dcom off, stops windows installer service from starting when it is stopped, when you run a msi file or a setup that launches a msi and the svc isn't started.

it also made the ikernel.exe error come up, but the situation is different for you, dcom won't work but installshield setups will. for me, 'til i enabled dcom, it was dcom off, no installshield.