[release] JkDefrag GUI version 0.91 & future release

theSLug

I always wonder if this one is better than Ultimate Defrag (in terms of functionality).

Nope. UltimateDefrag is more configurable from what I see.

It seems to me that what separates Ultimate Defrag from other defrag software is the ability to optimize performance (by allocating files to the outer area of a HD) based on how often you use each files. They even claim it works with RAID0/1/5 because with the defrag API provided in Windows "the actual physical hard drive geometry is transparent to the operating system..." can anyone confirms if Ultimate Defrag can actually do this, and is there any software that does the similar job?

Paragon Total Defrag BOOT Defrag is the ultimate defrag!

UltimateDefrag is unnecessary cuz the most important defrag methods can also be found in JkDefrag.

For often use JkDefrag is perfect :)

I myself use the a2 method often and Paragon Total Defrag BOOT Defrag sometimes.

Stop wasting time defraging inside windows and start outside and defrag everything.

Can someone give me a recently review for the most known defraggers. I know that its too difficult to say THAT defragger is the best, because its all about very difficult things, what most of us (included myself) don't understand. About features and defragging methods that are not displayed in the normal feature list of the homepage of the defraggers. And I know now that for one computer this is the best choice and for an other computer an other defragger is the best (no I'm not talking about prices).

So I'm looking for a recent (because defraggers will improve always, new defraggers will come fast and other projects are dead) professional review

LOL I found a very big review by myself.

Here 31! (looks like all defraggers on the world) Defraggers reviewed by one person.

Something to read...

Looks very good so for. He has test all defraggers well and professionally

@ IrfCore: Paragon Total Defrag (he say it's one of the best, but not the best) and JkDefrag are also described. Check it out.

Edited by Inferi0r

I was reprimanded by another forum, for posting the link for Paragon that was posted in this discussion. I was told it was "pirate" software and that they didn't allow such behavior. Which, I might add, I fully agree with. Still I didn't appreciate getting that reprimanded. I don't know, which I told them, how a person is supposed to know these things. The review and link seemed legit to me. Even the mcAfee site advisor said it was an 'ok/green' site.

Eddie