adapter to run your pc off 2xpsu

eyeball

Hi all

im in the UK, can anyone link me to one of those adapters that lets you connect 2 powersupplies to one motherboard please?

iv been searching for agaes and i dont know what they are called.

P.S please dont link me to the DIY version im not interested in trying this as i would rather pay for that extra safety and peace of mind

thank you

im guessing you not going to need the 20+4 connector on the second psu. now i dont remember which 2 wires they are but the the 20 pin connector there are 2 wires that can be connected with something metal or create a switch with a wire attached to the to pins and that would allow you to turn off the second psu on or off.

thanks for that, i know all about that and how to create my own. The thing is i really do not wanna go down the DIY route as the pc i will be implementing this in is on 24/7/365 and i am worried it could become a fire hazard.

thanks though :)

as long as there is no exposed wires or leeway for electrical ark then it should be fine. i think the best bet if you are going to do it your self is to cover the 20 pin plug with electrical tape and tap directly into the wire and seal up with electrical tape.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...oducts_id=21193

Google: ULT40011 you might turn up someone in your area.

I personally used the do it yourself method on an old Dell Gxa a number of years ago and ran it like that for almost 2 years without a problem. Nothing like running a PII 300 with 4 cd/dvd, a zip, and 8 hard drives attached. Made for a mess of cables coming out of the back.